Veterinary Scholarships Around The World: Do you love animals and want to pursue a degree in veterinary science, but need some additional funding? Read on for an overview of veterinary scholarships in the US, Europe, Australia and elsewhere.
Veterinary scholarships to study in North America
- AKC Humane Fund John D. Spurling Scholarship – Five scholarships are available per year (totaling $10,000 annually) for students enrolled on a veterinary science, animal behavior or similar degree or certification program at an accredited US institution. Awards are given based on academic merit, letters of recommendation and community experience with responsible pet ownership.
- American Holistic Veterinary Medical Associations Scholarships – The The AHVMF Student Research Grant offers veterinary students $1500 towards their education in integrative veterinary medical research and the Lorraine Tiekert Scholarship offers $25,000.
- American Veterinary Medical Foundation Scholarships – A range of scholarships for veterinary students in their first, second or third year of studying at an accredited college in the US.
- Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine – Various veterinary scholarships to study at the university.
- Health Resources and Services Administration Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students – Scholarships for US citizens from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue a career in healthcare, including veterinary science.
- Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine – Veterinary scholarships for current students of the university who have completed the internal Qualtrics survey.
- Pet Life Today Empathy for Animals (EFA) Scholarship Award – A scholarship for undergraduate students enrolled in veterinary science, animal sciences or a similar program in the US. Includes international students.
- University of Georgia Veterinary Scholars Program – Scholarships for students who have completed their first or second year of a veterinary curriculum, to pursue biomedical research.
- Oxbow Animal Health Scholarship Programs – The Vetinary Medicine Scholarship is a scholarship for veterinary students who show a strong interest in pursuing a career in small and exotic animal medicine. The Undergraduate Scholarship is for students currently enrolled in a college or university who have a career interest in companion animals.
- Zoetis/AAVMC Veterinary Student Scholarship Program – 300 scholarship grants of $2,000 each are available for veterinary students in their second or third year of a program at a US veterinary school.
- Pre Veterinary and General Animal Husbandry Education Scholarship – A $1000 Annual College Scholarship offered by Golden Meadows Kennel available for students currently attending any accredited college, who are interested in general animal huspandry and/or pre-veterinary studies. *At the time of writing the deadline for the 2019 deadline has already passed. Keep checking the website for the 2020 round of applications.
- Canadian-Universities.net – This website lists veterinary medicine awards, bursaries, prizes and scholarships in Canada, which can be narrowed down by province. Some scholarships may only be for Canadian citizens/residents of particular provinces.
Veterinary scholarships to study in Europe
- MERCK Animal Health & Federation of Veterinarians of Europe (FVE) Veterinary Scholarship – 10 grants are available for European students currently enrolled in their second or third year at a veterinary faculty member of the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE). (The list includes a range of European veterinary faculties, as well as some in Turkey, Jordan and Israel). *There is no direct link to this scholarship, as at the time of writing the 2019 deadline has just passed. However, you can check the FVE website at a later date for the 2020 round of applications.*
- Royal Veterinary College, University of London – Various scholarships and other funding opportunities for domestic and international students to study at the college.
- University of Nottingham School of Veterinary Medicine and Science – Selected students who performed well in the admissions process will receive a scholarship of a 10% reduction in fees for their five-year undergraduate degree at the school.
- University of Edinburgh – Various scholarships to study veterinary medicine at the university, including PhD studentships and scholarships for students from particular countries.
- University of Bristol Faculty of Medicine and Veterinary Sciences International scholarships – International undergraduate students who receive a place for a program at the faculty through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) will be given the opportunity to apply for a scholarship of £2000 per annum towards their course tuition fees.
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences – Tuition fee scholarships for non-EU (fee paying) students to study a master’s degree at the university, for example in animal science.
Veterinary scholarships to study in Asia
- Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) Undergraduate Scholarship – Scholarships for Singaporean citizens of veterinary science and other disciplines to study either at local universities or abroad, covering tuition fees and other compulsory fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, pre-study resources and return airfare.
- Obihiro University of Agriculture and Medicine – Scholarships for international postgraduate students at this Japanese university, to study animal husbandry and animal and food hygiene.
To study in Australia or New Zealand
- Massey University Veterinary Scholarships – Various scholarships for veterinary students at bachelor’s and master’s levels, some of which are only for New Zealand citizens. Options include the Joan Berry Fellowships in Veterinary Science, for postgraduate Ventinary Science students whose research is in animal health and welfare.
- University of Queensland School of Veterinary Science – A range of scholarships for veterinary students (both current and future).
- University of Sydney School of Veterinary Science Scholarships – there are two scholarships available for international students: the Australian Wool Education Trust (AWET) Scholarship, which offers $3500 for honors or master’s students in the Faculty of Science, and The Jean and Ray Blencowe Scholarship, which offers around $1700 to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate veterinary course at the University of Sydney.
To study in a range of locations:
- ICLAS Scholarship Program for Veterinarians in Laboratory Animal Science and Medicine – Veterinary scholarships for students who want to participate in laboratory animal science and medicine, but live in an area in which this is not available. You should possess a degree in veterinary science and have already been provisionally accepted on one of the accredited programs (in North America, Europe, Mexico or India).
- The Winner’s Circle Scholarship Program – Scholarships of up to $1,500 to support veterinary students intending to enter equine veterinary medicine, available for students in their second or third year of a program studying equine veterinary medicine. *This year’s applications have not yet opened, so keep a look out on the website for updates.
Other animal-related scholarships!
- Huyck Research Grants – Grants of up to $3,500 are available for regional, national and international applicants to conduct natural science research at the Huyck Preserve in the Albany county of the state of New York, US.
- The Aquarium Guide TAG Scholarship – A $500 scholarship is available to students who are passionate about aquariums and aquascaping and are currently enrolled in a US college, university or high school. To enter, you’ll need to research and write an article on any freshwater fish of your choice.
- UFAW Animal Welfare Student Scholarships – The Universities Federation for Animal Welfare (UFAW) provides support for students to conduct up to eight weeks of research projects either in the UK or overseas. Your research project must be relevant to improving the welfare of animals. Open to students from universities and colleges in the UK, as well as those studying at an institution with a UFAW university link.
- Rover Scholarship – A $2500 scholarship available to US citizens applying for an associates degree, bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in any subject. Applicants must write a 400-500 word essay answering the question “how did caring for a pet growing up help shape you to be the adult you are today?”.
Other Related Articles:
- Medical Scholarships Around The World
- Scholarships To Study In New Zealand
- 2021 Australian Government Scholarships Awards
- International Scholarships To Study In Australia
- Leadership Scholarships Around The World
Want more content like this? Subscribe for free site membership to get regular updates like this Veterinary Scholarships Around The World, and your own personal content feed.