University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship is inviting all international students living in any part of the world with a bright academic record to study at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
The University will be allowing only the on-campus international student a chance t participate in the scholarship programme. You should consider a try out as there are awards to be granted to the selected applicants. There are more you should read on from this article, and I will be providing you with the basic requirements of the scholarship and how you can apply for it.
University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
The University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship is open for International students. It allows students into the degree of Masters, Diploma, Bachelor. Undergraduate level programmes in the field of all subject and coursework taught at the University of Auckland.
The scholarship is made to accept new international students of high calibre and bright academic background records in an undergraduate or postgraduate taught study of 1 year or more at the University of Auckland.
About University of Auckland
The University of Auckland is a public research university in Auckland, New Zealand. The institution was established in 1883, a constituent college of the University of New Zealand. It was later developed on its own and today, the University of Auckland is New Zealand’s largest university by enrolment, hosting about 40,000 students on five in-campuses. The University of Auckland has eight faculties, including a Law School as well as three research institutes associated with the university.
You should apply now for the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship. Here is some basic information you need to know about the scholarship programme:
- Host Country: New Zealand.
- Host Institution: University of Auckland.
- Level/Field of Study: Bachelors, Postgraduate Diploma or master’s degrees in any subject taught at the University of Auckland.
- Targeted Group: International Students.
- Opening date: 10th of October (Semester one intake) and 9th of March (Semester two intake).
- Closing date: 21st of November (Semester one intake) and 20th of April (Semester two intake).
- Tenure: One year.
- For: Tuition fees.
- The number on offer: Up to 50.
- Offer rate: Bi-annually.
- Value: About $10,000 for either postgraduate study or undergraduate study.
University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship Value/Inclusion
About 50 or more scholarships will be awarded bi-annually depending on whether the applicants are commencing studies in semesters one or two. This is with each scholarship grants at up to $10,000 for postgraduate and undergraduate study. The scholarship will be paid as a compulsory fees credit in the first year of study at the University of Auckland.
Guidelines on scholarship
Here are some guidelines you should take note on based on the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship:
- Applicants enrolling in a Research Masters programme are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The undergraduate students from the University of Auckland Foundation Providers (UP Education and Taylors College) and New Zealand secondary-school leavers are not eligible to participate for this scholarship programme.
- Academic merit is assessed as an admission grade point average or grade point equivalent (GPE) for the purpose of this scholarship.
- Applicants must be enrolled as on Campus registration. The scholarship does not allow students living outside the school camp.
- The compulsory fee is those only related to the relevant programme of study, inclusive of the student service fee.
- Applicants are international i.e., not citizens of New Zealand, not permanent residents nor resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia.
- Payments under the terms of this scholarship remain tax-free as long as they are used for the payment of costs related to an awardee’s programme of study and to assist the awardee with living costs while studying. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the scholarship termination from the student.
- Recipients of the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship will be required to give undertakings in respect to comply with the regulations from the scholarship. And they will notify the Scholarship Office of any change in their enrolment or funding status. The University of Auckland may request for repayment of the funds received from the date of the breach by a student after the termination of the student scholarship.
University of Auckland International Student Scholarship Eligibility
Students must be new international students who have received an unconditional offer or an English Language Academy (ELA) student who has received a conditional offer of study. Now Students are to undertake a postgraduate degree applying with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications at the University of Auckland. Students are to generally have a grade point equivalent (GPE) of at least 6.00.
The selection criteria of this scholarship programme will depend on merit, the quality of the letter of application and endorsement by the applicant’s referee. The student’s country of origin may also be considered by the selection committee.
University of Auckland International Student Scholarship Application Procedure
The scholarship application for the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship will be opened around six weeks before the closing date. It is encouraged by students or applicants to read the scholarship regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible for the program before you apply.
The application will commence from on the 10th of October 2020 (semester one intake) and 9th of March 2021 (semester two intake). Studies are to begin in July 2021.
So, check on the official website of the University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship via THIS URL.
After you have submitted your application entry, here are the guidelines on how you will either be selected as a scholar or not:
- Application is made to the scholarship offices.
- There will be a selection committee to assess the application and documents added.
- Then the scholarship is awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of the selection committee.
University of Auckland International Student Scholarship Deadline
After the application commencement for this scholarship programme, students are to apply early before the deadline which will end on the 21st of November 2020 and 21st of April 2021.
If you want the Official Website for this Program, just CLICK HERE.
Other Related Articles:
- University Medical Center Groningen Scholarship
- University of Queensland COLFUTURO Scholarships
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships 2021
- How to Get on Fulbright Postgraduate scholarships
- University Of New Haven Scholarships 2021
Want more content like this? Subscribe for free site membership to get regular updates like this University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship, and your own personal content feed.