International Scholarships For Chinese Students: If you’re a Chinese student looking for funding to help you study abroad, read on to discover a range of international scholarships.
Scholarships for Chinese students to study in the US
- Ohio State University China Excellence Scholarship – Students who have obtained their bachelor’s degree in law from an institution in China will be automatically considered for this merit-based scholarship, which offers two 50% tuition waivers per year. The scholarship seeks to support students who show promise through a record of community service, academic or professional achievement, leadership and/or overcoming hardship.
- Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology – Both the Michael Y.F. Chau scholarship and the Chiang Kai-Shek scholarship aim to help students of the school who are from the People’s Republic of China. No separate application is required; eligible students are automatically considered. The scholarship is for one year only and is not renewable.
- Calvin College, Wilhemina Kalsbeek Memorial Scholarship – Four US$2,500 awards are available to students from mainland China or another Asian country (with preference given to those from mainland China) who demonstrate financial need.
- S.L. Fong Memorial Scholarship – US$500 is available to a pre-med full-time student of Chinese descent who is transferring to UC Berkeley in the fall and can demonstrate financial need.
- Indiana University School of Law, Ronald W. Polston Scholarship – Awarded to one or more students enrolled in various selected law programs, with preference given to Chinese students.
- San Joaquin Delta College, Ock Sam Huey Memorial Scholarship – Available for a full-time sophomore student of Chinese descent who is transferring to a four-year institution in the fall. To apply, you must demonstrate community service, have two letters of recommendation, a short biography and a minimum 3.2 GPA.
Scholarships for Chinese students to study in Europe
To study in the UK:
- Sheffield University – Two China Merit Undergraduate Scholarships are available, each worth 50% of the annual tuition fees. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and a supporting statement.
- Newcastle University – An award of UK£2,600 is available to cover the first year of tuition fees for high-achieving Chinese students applying for entry to any master’s degree programs at Newcastle University.
- University of Kent Lo Family Scholarship Fund – A UK£5,000 scholarship is available to full-time postgraduate students from Hong Kong or China who are enrolling on a postgraduate taught program at Kent Business School.
- University of Bradford – 10 full tuition fee scholarships and 25 half-fee scholarships available for both undergraduate and postgraduate full-time courses for students who come from China, Taiwan or Hong Kong. Excludes MBAs and distance learning.
- LSE Woo Family Scholarship – One UK£20,000 scholarship is available for an applicant of Chinese nationality, resident in China and studying a master’s program in one of the following departments: Geography and Environment, Government, International Relations and Sociology.
- Great Britain China Center Chinese Student Awards – Awards of up to UK£3,000 are available for Chinese citizens (including those from Hong Kong) studying for a PhD in any subject at a UK university.
- University of Warwick – Up to six joint scholarships are available to study a PhD at the university.
- The China Oxford Scholarship Fund – Awards up to 20 scholarships annually to students from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong and Macau who have been granted a place for postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford.
To study in the Netherlands:
- Leiden University – The CSC Scholarship is a joint scholarship program for Chinese PhD students, which offers exemption from fees, personal allowance and international airfare.
- Wittenborg University OTS Scholarship China – Scholarships are available which offer students from China the chance to study on one of the university’s Bachelor or Master of Science programs. Awards provide a tuition fee waiver for duration of the final year of a bachelor’s program, or the full fee of a master’s program.
To study in Sweden:
- Chalmers University of Technology Volvo Group Scholarships – Four scholarships are available to Chinese or Indian students, who will receive a 100% tuition fee waiver for master’s programs in selected fields of study.
To study in Australia:
- Deakin University Business School China Partner Institutions Bursary – 70 bursaries are available in 2016 for prospective Deakin Business School students from selected Chinese Partner Institutions, who may be eligible to receive a 10% discount for the length of their degree.
- University of Sydney China Scholarship Council Research Schemes – Applications are invited from candidates who are eligible to undertake PhD research at the University of Sydney. Scholarship holders will have their tuition fees paid and will also be granted living expenses and the costs of other expenses like flights and visas.
- Monash University – The China Scholarship Council (CSC) Doctoral Scholarship Program awards scholarships to tuition fees, living expenses and more.
To study in Thailand:
- Asian Institute of Technology – The China Scholarship Council will offer annually 10 scholarships covering, as prescribed by the Chinese Central Government, tuition fees, living expenses and more.
Other Related Articles:
- Online Scholarships to Study for Online Students
- Business Scholarships and Entrepreneurship Scholarships
- Medical Scholarships Around The World
- Architecture Scholarships Around The World
- International Scholarships For Brazilian Students
Want more content like this? Subscribe for free site membership to get regular updates like this International Scholarships For Chinese Students, and your own personal content feed.