How To Access iCloud on Your Android Phone: Did you Know iCloud can be Accessed on you Android Phone? It’s time for us to learn something new here guys. Logging into iCloud mail, calendar or contacts is what we’re going to show. It’s more like showing you how to sync your iCloud account to an Android phone. Read through attentively and discover new steps to take.
iCloud is an amazing way to keep your contacts, calendar, task, email, and photos synced around your Apple devices. On second thought, imagine switching from an iPhone to an Android device?
Android can be quite strict with other ecosystems. Accessing iCloud through your Android with the right apps is possible though.
How To Access iCloud on Your Android Phone
Switching from you Android device to your iPhone can be quiet complicating. However, the various apps and services available grants you access to iCloud from Android. It allows you to:
1. Access iCloud email:
Android smartphones come with Gmail app which allows you to configure it to access your iCloud email account.
Steps on how to generate an application password for your iCloud email
- Go to the Apple ID page and sign in.
- Serch for Security on the Manage Page.
- Click Generate Password under Apple-Specific password.
- Select Create once you’ve been asked for a description for the password.
- Write out your password because you’ll need it.
On your Android phone:
- Head to Gmail and tap the Menu button at the top left.
- Go to the account options and choose add account.
- Put in your iCloud email address and password you created a while ago.
- Press next.
Rest back and let Gmail handle the rest. You’ll have an iCloud email account in the Gmail app soon.
2. Syncing iCloud contact to Android:
- Open ICloud.com on your computer and log in.
- Click on Contact.
- Choose the contact you want to export.
- Click the gear icon.
- Select the Export vCard.
- Save the VCF file to your computer.
- Send the saved data to your Android phone (through USB or using cloud storage).
- Open Contact on your Android device, select the Menu and head to Settings.
- Browse for the saved VCF file and send the contacts.
- This could also be sent into Google contacting your desktop web browser.
This method is a reliable option though a lot of developers created apps for syncing iCloud contacts with Android. Using one of these apps is possible depending on how you want to go about it though the apps haven’t been updated in a while.
3. Viewing iCloud Calendar on Android:
This app also referred to as “CalDAV” sync from the same developer as smoothSync for Cloud Contacts allows you to sync any Webcal or CalDAV calendar to your Android device. It’s worth it’s price tag if you really want to sync up iCloud and Android.
Steps to follow:
- Open icloud.com and sign in.
- Head to the Calendar and pick the calendar you want to sync from the left-hand menu.
- Check out the box labeled Public Calendar.
- Click Emil Link when the Webcal URL pops up.
- Send the URL to the email address you know you have access to through your Android device.
- Install the CalDAV app on your device.
- Copy the calendar URL and collect the email message on your device.
- Click on this app(CalDAV) and click Add Account.
- Past the URL and select the Next option then adjust the settings as required.
- Click Done once you’ve finished.
Your iCloud Calendar will show in your phone’s calendar app.
4. Syncing Apple Reminder On Android:
Once you’ve got access to use CalDAV-Sync or smoothsync, you can sync them to your Smartphone (Android) by downloading OpenTasks from the same developer. This is because CalDAV tends to create support for task sync, OpenTasks simple piggyback on the CalDAV connection Setup through other apps to get reminders.
Once CalDAV sync or smoothSync aren’t part of your plans to use, it’s bad luck for you in a way then. The particular App that offers this is no longer available. It’s preferably you switch to another to do app that sync accross all platforms.
Connecting to Apple ICloud on Android is simple, isn’t it? I know it takes a little more time but it’s worth it. Enjoy the steps.