Computer Science Scholarships: As computer science technologies and systems increasingly dominate every area of modern life, graduates in this field are likely to find themselves in ever higher demand. And as this “subject of the future” grows scope and popularity, there are also growing numbers of dedicated scholarships for computer science students on offer, including funding to study computer science at some of the world’s most prestigious institutions.
Below is a list of computer science scholarships and other funding opportunities for those studying degrees in STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), focusing on opportunities in the US and the UK. We’ve also listed some scholarships specifically targeted at women in computer science, which aim to support more balanced gender representation in the sector.
Webinar: Learn more about computer science scholarships
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) are holding an exclusive webinar to provide information for students about scholarship opportunities for graduate studies. If you’re interested in studying computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or statistics, sign up for this webinar today and discover more about the full range of scholarship opportunities available at KAUST.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate-level research university located on the shores of the Red Sea, North of Jeddah. It has an international community of more than 7,000 members and attracts top international faculty and students from across the globe all focused on finding solutions to problems in areas related to water, food, energy, and the environment.
- Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities – European scholarships for computer science students with disabilities. Open to students of all levels studying in Europe. (More scholarships for students with disabilities can be found here).
- Microsoft Scholarship Program – STEM scholarships for students pursuing degrees in computer science as well as other STEM-related subjects at undergraduate level in the United States, Canada or Mexico. Priority given to underrepresented students.
- City, University of London Computer Science Scholarships – Scholarships are available to well-qualified UK/EU students studying a master’s degree in an eligible course at City, University of London.
QMUL Science and Engineering Excellence Scholarships – Merit-based scholarships open to undergraduate students studying within the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Queen Mary University of London.
- Royal Holloway, University of London Donald Davies Computer Science scholarships – All new undergraduate applicants for computer science degrees at the university will be considered for this merit-based scholarship.
- University of Birmingham Scholarships – Computer science scholarships for students studying at all levels in the School of Computer Science at the University of Birmingham.
- University of Edinburgh John Fisher High Performance (HPC) Scholarships – Merit-based scholarships available to students studying High Performance Computing (with or without Data Science) at the University of Edinburgh in the UK.
- University of York Department of Computer Science Postgraduate Scholarships – Merit-based scholarships for UK, EU and international students of the university.
- UCL Computer Science Excellence Scholarships – Scholarships are available to UK/EU offer holders with a record of excellent academic achievement to study a master’s in computer science or a related subject.
- AFB Paul and Ellen Ruckes Scholarship – Engineering and computer science scholarships awarded to full-time undergraduate and graduate students studying in the US who are blind or visually impaired. All applicants must be US citizens.
- AFCEA STEM Majors Scholarships – STEM scholarships for US students majoring in any STEM subject at undergraduate or graduate level.
- Banatao Family Filipino American Education Fund – STEM and computer science scholarships awarded to Northern Californian students of Filipino heritage.
- Betty Stevens Frecknall Scholarship – Computer science scholarships for students enrolled on full-time undergraduate STEM programs in the US. For US residents only.
- CyberCorps: Scholarship for Service – Scholarships for computer science and technology students, in return for service within the federal government (e.g. information security roles) upon graduation.
- ESA Foundation Scholarship Program – Undergraduate scholarships for minority students and women to pursue degrees in computer and video game arts. US students only.
- GameDesigning Video Game Design Scholarship – A scholarship for all prospective and currently enrolled undergraduate students at an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school.
- IEEE Presidents’ Scholarship – US scholarships for the winners of the Intel ISEF competition. Open to US students only. Winning students will demonstrate strong knowledge in STEM fields.
- NSA Stokes Educational Scholarship Program – US scholarships for computer science and electrical engineering students, in return for one year of service at the NSA (National Security Agency) upon graduation. US students only.
- Wayne V. Black Memorial Scholarship Award – STEM and computer science scholarship opportunity from ENTELEC. Open to US students only.
- West Virginia Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship Program – STEM scholarships for US students wanting to work in West Virginia upon graduation. Priority given to residents of West Virginia.
- Australian National University Computer Science Scholarships – Australian National University is currently offering a range of scholarships for students from Australia or New Zealand to study computing at the university.
- The University of Wollongong PhD Scholarship – A scholarship to study a research doctorate degree in computing at the university.
- Monash University Women in Information Technology Scholarships – All female information technology undergraduate students are automatically considered for a scholarship.
Scholarships for women in computer science
- AWC Scholarship Fund for Women in Computing – Scholarships for women in computer science and technology programs at institutions in Washtenaw County, Michigan.
- IBM SWE Scholarships – Computer engineering and computer science scholarships open to female students in the US. Funded by the Society of Women Engineers.
- MCWT College Scholarship – Undergraduate US scholarships for female technology students at accredited universities. You’ll need to be from Michigan and enrolled at a Michigan university.
- Palantir Scholarships for Women in Technology – International scholarships for women in computer science and other STEM-related subjects.
- VIP Women In Technology Scholarship (WITS) – US scholarships for women in computer science studying for a degree in the fields of IT, computer science, management information systems and related fields. Open to US residents and international students.
- Microsoft Dissertation Grant Program – Microsoft scholarships for female students (or another group underrepresented in computing) to study a PhD in the field of computing, at an eligible university in the US or Canada.
Other Related Articles:
- Nursing Scholarships Around The World
- International Scholarships To Study In Russia
- University Of New Haven Scholarships 2021
- University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarships
- How to Apply For the Grow With Google Scholarship
- 2021 Australian Government Scholarships Awards
Want more content like this? Subscribe for free site membership to get regular updates like this Computer Science Scholarships, and your own personal content feed.